Each player has to play a safety on their turn. If a player fails to make a legal hit they get 1 point. When a player receives 9 points they are out of the game. When you have 3 or more players each person goes to 5 points instead of 9. The last person remaining is the winner.
- The balls are racked similar to a 9 ball rack. It doesn't matter where any of the balls go within the rack, but the 1 ball has to be the first ball
- The person breaking has to drive 3 balls to a rail
- The next person to shoot has to hit the lowest numbered ball on the table (usually the 1 ball)
- A good hit consists of hitting the lowest numbered ball on the table first, then, after contact, a ball has to hit a rail
- If a person fails to make a good hit then they receive 1 point. In a 2 player game each person goes to 9 points. When 3 or more players are playing then each person goes to 5 points. Once you reach the max number of points you are out of the game, and the person who put you out loses 1 point off their score. If they had 0 points then their score is -1.
- Jump shots are allowed if every player agrees on it beforehand.